Counter

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Background

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Ugh~ I'm behind again!

Well it is crazy to think that I am actually three months behind ALREADY!  I promised I would try and keep up, but this time I REALLY PROMISE.  If it weren't for Dad sending me a message the other day regarding "where are your updates???" I probably would put my blogging back to the end of my "To Do" List. 

To say the very least, these past three months have flown by...... Early February I started my red wine and bottled my white.  This whole wine making thing can be time consuming, but I find it relaxing.  It takes my mind off the regular tasks of the day and makes you concentrate on just one task.... The end result of tasting is the best part.  February 18th was my birthday, most that know me, know I hate a "big to-do", so basically it was just hanging out with friends and family that were here.  I have to say that I got two FANTASTIC gifts.  Ryan got me a wine chiller..... Oh La La, I love it and it is being used everyday:) Robert got me a bread maker which I have been wanting FOREVER and I adore this as well.  I always remembered the smell of our house growing up from the break cooking.... Yummy! Now I can sit home drink my homemade wine that is stored in my awesome chiller and eat my homemade bread.  I know most of you are thinking..... What a lush!!!!


 So February basically came and went quickly..... We did make it out on the boat for a day.  It was cold, but like every boating experience it was super fun.  My old partner from work, and one of Ryan's best friends, was leaving for Saudi Arabia to take a temporary flight job over there so we got together for a little day drinking before he left.  Brian Hunley, Robert, and Kali joined us as well.

So February being gone and onto March.... The first weekend of the month I took off for 6 days to Florida to spend some time with my parentS!!!  Every year around this time I try to make it there to visit my Dad for what used to be "spring break".  We did this every year for so long as I can remember as a family.  Ft. Myers Beach has become my 2nd home.  I love going there and have tons of great memories as a family there.  This year it was a little different, my Mom met me there.  It was really weird being only 3 of us, and Robert not being there, but at the same time it was a trip I will never forget as it was stress free with both of my parents.  I'm hoping that we can do it again soon.... Next time on my turf:)  I'm not too sure where my camera was all week but there were no pictures taken of the three of us.... Go FIGURE!!!  While there we met up with two of my parents very dear friends, Kathy and Kenny Parker (Aunt Kathy and Uncle Kenny to Robert and I).  I haven't seen them for years and it was great to catch up:)   
The last picture is Mom and Dad;) I think it is a little blurry cause I zoomed in x100 from across the bar to get this shot!!! Dad caught me as you can see. I can't get away with anything.... even at 29 years of age.

Returning home from Florida was super exciting as Ryan and I finally got news that it was a go and the new house and moving in was just a few days away.  I have to say, I am so happy that I prepared in advance and started packing up back in December.  Robert and Ryan busted ass moving.  I have to say I did a great job and I am sure they would tell you I did a great job using my finger and pointing where to put shit.  The house is slowly coming together and there are a few small things still to be put together.  Here are some of the pics so far.... Over the next few days I will post a room a day so please check back for the pics:)

Late March we planned a trip out on the boat in Yuma.  Robert took off of work and brought Kali down.  Ryan and i took off towing the boat to Yuma on March 22 early morning.  We worked the 22 and 23.  Robert met us in Yuma early on March 24th and we headed out to the river.  I had booked a "cabin" for three nights there.  Cabin is a word used lightly, more like a shack if you will.  Robert called it home for three days but put it this way, we did nothing but sleep there and tried not to touch anything.  It was just NASTY!!!!  The boat stayed in the water for the 3 nights and was docked just around the corner from the cabin.  We had a great time out on the river- even Kali LOVED it out there.  You couldn't get her out of the water.  At night we cooked out and then enjoyed some drinks and quite a few games of shuffle board.  (Ryan and Robert are trying to figure out how to get a shuffle board game for the man cave.)  Saturday morning we all packed up and headed out of town.  Robert headed back to Phoenix and Ryan and I went back to the base to watch the Air Show.  This year wasn't as exciting, but like always we enjoyed ourselves.

Not much went on throughout the beginning of April, in fact, it was a pretty boring month.  Basically, worked and continued putting the house together a little at a time.  We did have a few down days for which we enjoyed sitting by the pool.  Robert and Ryan took their first chilling dip and I sat on the sidelines and cheered them on.  Ryan and my "new" friends Morgan and Shawn welcomed baby #2 Harper into the world on April 24th.  She is such a cute little peanut:)  I am sure there will be plenty more pics of her and Hudson to come on here.  It's so nice having kids around.  I always enjoyed Tracy and her babies, now that I'm living in Phoenix I don't get to see them as much and it sucks. They will always be nieces and nephews to me.  Morgan and Shawn's kids fulfill my Aunty Katy moments that I love spoiling the little ones.  Here is a pic of little peanut Harper.  She is even sporting Aunty Katy's homemade headband.  My craftiness is going a little haywire lately.  I have quite a few friends having babies so my sewing machine, that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE, has been busting out quite a few baby blankets.


May 9th was Mother's Day: I realize this was late but a much needed
Happy Mother's Day!!!
Robert and I have the best Mom in the world and we miss her everyday!!!!  Oh and Thanks Dad for helping us out on her gift!!!
Ma got a new dogwood tree for the back yard:)

Sorry for such a long and drawn out post.  I promise to post some pictures this week of the house.  Hope everyone is enjoying spring and all the flowers blooming.
Till next time..... Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment