Counter

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Background

Monday, October 24, 2011

Pumpkin Carving

We decided to carve Michael's pumpkin today because it is basically the only day that Ryan and I have off together before Halloween.  I'm guessing it is a huge mistake as we are still having 90 degree weather and I am sure it will be rotten within 36 hours.  Ryan wanted to put a big "S" in the pumpkin much like his artwork from last year and I said no we need a face for Michael's first year.  Ryan did all of the drawing, cutting, cleaning and carving while I basically tried to distract Michael from playing with the newspaper.

"And you want me to do WHAT with this?"
"My feet are more fun that this orange thing!"
"OK, Ill touch it"
"Eww, slimy"
"This must have been one of Mom's stupid ideas"
"Yup, I'm ready to get out Dad!"
"Ugh, WHAT is this??"
"Gross!"
"I'm over it, clean me up already"
"Here Daddy, give me that knife and I'll carve for you"
Finished project!
Ryan and I had fun (drinking beer) while doing this.  We did discuss how it will be more fun when he is older and enjoys the pumpkin more than the paper:)




No comments:

Post a Comment