Finally, Ryan and I took some time out and took a little trip....... 28 miles north....
LOL. I had received a discount for rooms at the Hilton Squaw Peak Resort in north Phoenix. Basically is was a buy one night get the next FREE. How could you turn down that. The resort was gorgeous but very old. The rooms were all suites and very spacious. They had a pool at the area where we stayed and then you could walk across the parking lot and there is where the "resort" part was. They had a lazy river, one water slide, waterfall, and a few pools. It was a great time! Though, I have learned that I never have a bad time with him no matter where we are!

The waterfalls were awesome, and even made a great background:)

We played Phase 10 by the pool. It is a great card game that Dave and Nat introduced me to. Its great cause you can play 2-10 players..... I kicked his ass!!!

Ryan
relaxin' with a drink in hand at the lazy river!!!

A little too much Captain!
Ryan coming down the water slide on his side..... Nice work Ry!!!

And me on the slide of course..... Not sure what I was doing!
Ryan and I basically sat by the pool all day and then at night we went out for a few drinks. I even got to visit my favorite bar from when I lived up on the north side of Phoenix doing travel nursing at St.
Joes. It was nice to go back to Rosie
McCaffrey's and visit my favorite bartender, Jay, who of course didn't forget me. Ryan loved it because it was an Irish Pub.
Besides the few interruptions from work related issues Ryan and I had a great time. I always appreciate his company and love getting away, even if it is only 30 miles from home.
No comments:
Post a Comment