Michael and I stayed at Mom's house and Michael slept in the cradle that my Grandfather (Popo) had made for me when I was born! It was perfect and I loved seeing him in it...... although, I'm sure it will be the last time because he is growing so fast!
Michael was featured in the Simonton Lake Newspaper with the announcement of his birth. Ironically it was right next to the announcement of my second cousin, Nick Slabaugh and his wife, Melissa's new son Owen.
Thanks so much to Aunt Debbie for letting us use Raegans bouncer. Michael loved it and so did the dogs since they would walk by and check him out whenever he was in it:)
One night we had dinner over at Dad's house and Michael finally got to meet his Aunt Debbie that had been spoiling him rotten for the past 9 months!! He also met the first two of his cousins on my side of the family. Andrea and Olivia. It's crazy how fast these girls have grown. It seems like just yesterday I was holding them like Debbie was holding Michael!
~Peeker G and her squirrel~
~Chris and I tried on Michaels ND socks~
~Chris Eagon (good friend of Roberts), Bella (Chris's dog) and Peeker G with Michael. I think he is frightened..... As he should be:)~
Dad took Mom, Michael and I out to dinner one night at his new favorite place.... The Fat Tomato! Good food! Thanks to all the staff there for always serving my Dad good drinks. I know he stops by DAILY, and thank you for making sure he gets home in one piece.... a whole block away. Oh and I have to say, I have a new found respect for any public place that has baby changing tables in their restrooms. Michael hadn't pooped in two days and of course decided to FILL his diaper while we were at dinner. Thanks to Mom for letting me use her back seat as a changing station!!!! The Arm and Hammer scented bags came in handy for that poopy diaper!
Mom never got to take part in the baby shower for me in Arizona so she wanted to have her own little party and celebration for all of my family and friends back in Elkhart. On Friday we celebrated with turkey sandwiches, homemade potato salad, and awesome cupcakes along with drinks of course. It was an amazing day and I'm so happy that Michael got to see all of my side of the family that came out. Thanks to Mom and Dad for a great day:)
Here are some other pictures while we were home. We had a great time and I'm so excited to return in the years to come with Michael. Mom and Dad thank you for everything! I only hope that I can be to Michael as you are to me!
Last day with Peeker G and Popo...... Out to Dinner at SoHo and exhausted finally on the plane on the way home.
On a last note...... The most asked question while I was home was, "where did the red hair come from?". First off, Michael has strawberry blond hair. Secondly, ME! I had that color hair 30 years ago:) Here are some pictures we dug out while home.
~Aunt Debbie and Me~
~Now we see the resemblance between Uncle Robert and Michael~
AND LASTLY...... Look how much M looks like his Mama....

























No comments:
Post a Comment