Finally I get a day to catch up on my 2 months of blogging...... For those of you that keep checking and there has been nothing new, I am spending the rest of today and tomorrow typing away and updating pictures. Our lives have been quite CRAZY lately and to be honest with you I am happy to know that starting next month there is nothing on our schedule but working and Michael. This is the first post back in action for me but please read all of the priors as I know there will be many by the end of the weekend.
As I sit here typing I am trying to multitask entertaining a 3 month old. Wow how time has flown by. 2 days ago I thought about where I was 91 days prior and it took me back to the OR and moment that our peanut was born. Many milestones have been achieved and Michael is growing like a weed. Yesterday Ryan and I took him into the doctor for his appointment to get his shots. We are on a modified shot schedule so he is getting 1-2 shots every month instead of 3-4 every two months. He weighed in a BIG 14lb 9oz. It is hard to believe that he is just short of doubling his birth weight. His cheeks continue to grow and his little ham hocks are getting chub on them. Peeker G (my Mom) calls him a little squirrel, which we can all see why. Michael is eating every 3-4 hours during the day and taking 4-5oz at a time. He still remains on the Gerber Goodstart Gentle and we have had no problems with gas. As mentioned before I did a big no-no and am putting cereal in his bottle. Apparently it is looked at as "lazy mother syndrome" but I could care less. Kill me cause my child was always hungry, eating every 2 hours and I was getting no sleep..... Boo-Hoo! I have a happy baby, I'm getting *some* sleep, and we are all happy! Just the other day I packed up all of Michaels clothes that he has outgrown, and yes Dad, he DID wear them all at least twice:) It was sad to put them all away but watching him grow is amazing!!! He is now in size 3-6 months clothing.
Just when I thought I had mastered the art of getting him on a schedule Michael has other ideas in mind for nap time. He was waking up in the morning about 7am, take a bottle, and would be back down for a 2 hour nap by 9am. Be up around 11am for a bottle and back down around noon and usually nap for 3 hours. Another bottle around 4 and then another 1 hour nap around 5pm. Around 6:30pm I will bathe him, he will play for awhile and then take a bottle and be back down around 7:30pm or 8pm for the night. He will get up once a night, usually around 2am (sometimes as late as 5am) for a bottle and go back down till 7am.... Repeat. I had the schedule down and he was doing great until the Luau and other crazy things in our lives that interrupted it. We are slowly getting back in order, minus the shots yesterday causing fussiness and not wanting to eat or sleep last night and into today.
Everyday he is doing better at holding his head up longer and our little bobble head is almost no longer. He is standing with assistance and loves to sit up and see what is going on. He LOVES his little gym and spends 10-15 minutes under it at a time fully engulfed in the lights, rattles, music and bright colors. We have him spending a few minutes, a few times a day, in his BUMBO and each time he is doing better sitting up. The smiles are more purposeful and he is talking like crazy to Mommy and Daddy. Michael also has been introduced to Scout, his Leapster friend, and enjoys all of the songs and rhymes that he offers. Scout is personalized via the computer to Michaels' name and favorite colors, food, animals and songs.
I can't believe the change he is going through daily and he just amazes Ryan and I. We are so lucky to have such a perfect little peanut!
“Redefining consumption”
-
Let me fill you in on a little secret: Kids grow. Fast. I’m just coming
around to understand that my weight may have fluctuated and changed here
and there ...
11 years ago







Happy to see your new posts, I need to get caught up too! Michael is so handsome!!! Great job mama!!
ReplyDelete