Yesterday, Ryan and I had the day off in Yuma and were asked by our good friends James and Molly to head out to the river. James is the other base manager, along with Ryan, for our bases here in Yuma. I also worked with him at Yuma Regional for sometime. Molly works in the Cath Lab as a nurse. Anyways, so of course we couldn't turn them down on that offer so we headed out there late afternoon.
The Colorado River is just north of Yuma and it is definately the summer hangout spot, especially when it is 110 degrees outside. There are tons of people out there from San Diego and Phoenix with their huge expensive boats. James has a pontoon much like my Dad's but a little shorter. He has all the equipment for water sports which ended up being too hard to resist.
Needless to say Ryan and I of course didn't turn down the knee-boarding. We both got right up and we both pulled some reversal moves. Boy are we suffering today. I can barely move and Ryan either. My toes even hurt and I am not too sure what from. I even attempted skiing which I suprised myself by getting right up. After a few beers and trying to show off I tried dropping a ski which turned into trouble and me swallowing half the river. Thanks again to Molly and James for a great day of fun!!! We had a blast acting like we were 15 again skiing, knee-boarding, wake boarding and cliff jumping. Hopefully we can do it again soon!!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment