Counter

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Background

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

~Happy 4th of July~

This 4th of July was spent in Arizona.  Much different than last year since Ryan and I flew home to Indiana, but also much warmer!!  This year Ryan's parents, Jeanne and Mike flew out on July 2nd and stayed with us for the week.  On Saturday July 3rd the entire family packed up and went out on the boat bright and EARLY-- and I do mean 5:45am we were out of the house.  We spent the day drinking and drinking and drinking..... water of course.  I didn't take my camera out there but I did get a picture with my phone.  We went out to Saguaro Lake which is about 20min from the storage unit where the boat it.  It is nice out there because all the way in the back they have a beach area where we of course headed straight for.  We docked, put the motor up, and were all standing around when all of a sudden (within 3 min) the water level went out about 10ft.  Suddenly all of the boats were then BEACHED.  It scared the living shit out of us making us think we were all stranded.  After much panic (and the guys doing the pushing) the boat was back in the water..... and then the water level came back up. After all of this we later learned that they do this many times throughout the morning for the people tubing and wake boarding.  We looked like idiots trying to push the boats back in the water but next time we will know better:)

On the 4th, Dave and Nat had a cook out and we all hung out over there stuffing our faces with good snackies and eating great BBQ food. 

                                    
~And.... 1, 2, 3 JUMP GUYS!~
~The guys made a wave pool~

That night we headed up to Pacana Park, here in Maricopa, for the fireworks show.  Conveniently, we parked at Morgan and Shawns and stopped in on there little party- then walked up to the park.  The fireworks were good.  It is funny how as you get older the fireworks get lamer.  Or maybe it is just me.  I guess I don't get as enthused over the big booms since Dad's lovely accident 18 years ago.  Regardless, it was a fun outing.  Kali even enjoyed it!  She was not phased in the least over the big booms.  She was a little hot but could have cared less over the fireworks (Sorry Ma, I know you didn't want to hear this again since your baby had to be on sedatives the whole weekend!)
~Kali drinking.... WATER.... at the fireworks!~

~The Fix Family~

~Kali walking Robert~

After the big shebang I headed back to Morgan and Shawn's to hang out for awhile and play a little beer pong!! 
~Yup, we lost... and we're drinkin'~

~Never a dull moment with Morg around:)~

~Too much beer pong makes everyone love each other!~

The weekend was long but very eventful!

No comments:

Post a Comment