Counter

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Background

Saturday, June 12, 2010

~LUAU~

Well two months of long planning for Ryan and I paid off!  We got home from work on Friday June 4th and busted our butts to get everything together.  I have to admit we were on the ball and by 7pm at night everything was basically done for the 1st Annual Luau.  Robert had moped the floors, moved all of the pavers, and the entire house was clean, coleslaw was made and everything was set and ready to go.  Ryan put the 8 pork shoulders on the smokers at approximately 9pm and let them cook away.  Thanks to Billy Plant for letting us borrow his smoker.  We definitely needed it!!!
 
~Ryan doing an amazing job smokin' the pork~

Saturday morning we were up early and got everything set up outside.  The flies at the house have been a constant battle this year so Ryan bought a fogger which seems to be working pretty well.  After reading all of the reviews and them saying that the fog last about a week I think we have determined that it last 3 days, at best!  So he fogged on Friday night and then fogged again on Saturday morning.  I have to say it was SO much better and the annoying flies were only surrounding the food and kegerator (which obviously was not fogged).  We got a canopy last year for tailgating and such and put it up in the backyard.  I have to say that we all agreed we like it so much I think it may become a permanent fixture for now.  Next are pictures of the backyard which I never posted from the new house pics.  You can see all the pillows I have made for the chairs with my new sewing machine.  I love them:)

~Patio furniture which actually is my old kitchen table~
~Another view of the patio with my jalapeno and chives on the table.  I actually have 3 jalapenos almost ready to be picked!~
~My cherry tomato plant.  I'm again gonna take the trophy this year for the competition Tracy and I have~
~Little bistro table under the tree~
~Tailgating canopy which is now a permanent fixture~
~Fire pit that Robert had a "vision" for.  He built an amazing wood pile which I failed to get a picture of after he was done with the wood stacking~
~Lawn chair area, two of the lawn chairs my Dad had bought me when I moved into the house in Yuma.  The other two came with the new house.~

So with everything set up and ready to go I even had time to go get a pedicure and Robert had time to wash his car.  I didn't really understand the importance of Robert wanting to wash his car for the party but I learned later why...... Tracy and Brad Gray came in from Yuma and showed up early.  Dave and Nat also were there around noon as well!  Thanks to Trace and Brad for the awesome wall hangings they brought.  Thanks to Nat and Dave for making the yummy pasta salad and also for the great gifts they brought us.  I now have a wine opener that is battery operated.  No more sore wrist from all of the bottles I open with a corkscrew:)  And Ryan loved his new tiki glass.... so appropriate for the party!!!  Brian Hunley also came in early with all of his Luau attire.  I have to say if there is one person that would get a first place for the outfit it was Brian.  Absolutely hilarious!  Got a great kick out of Brian that day.  He even went swimming with his grass skirt on.... It looked like seaweed in the pool.  Thanks Bri for the great laughs!



~All of us with our attire on..... Even Kali had a lei~

~Tracy and Brad Gray~
~Trace and I~
~Nat and Dave with his Tikinator glass!~
~Oh my Bri, you looked amazing!~

~Janine (my Yuma Mom and favorite hairdresser ever) also made the long drive up and stayed the night.  She made her super secret salsa recipe that I finally begged out of her.  I loved it!! I think I have made 5 recipes since then:)~

~Edward Jones music playing the Island and Irish tunes:)  He did an awesome job!~

~Morg and I~

~Morgan and Shawn~

So, Robert actually pulled a fast one on Ryan and I.  I had invited our parents to come out and even though I was hoping it would happen they all declined the invite.  Robert told me that he was running up to the valley to pick up a chic and he would be back.  Needless to say I was not very happy that Robert was actually leaving the party for a chic.  I walked into the garage to grab something out of the fridge when I saw Robert's car pull up.  I initially looked away ignoring the fact that he was bringing some "girl" back with him.  When I finally did look up I realized that this "girl" was DAD!!!  Made my day.  Thanks again Dad for coming!!!


~Thanks Melba for capturing the surprise!~

~Portopong pool side- Robert and my Melba-Toast~
~Dad and Jen~

~Ryan and Shawn (Ryan licks when he has had too much to drink)~

Thanks to everyone who came to the party.  It was an awesome day.  Ryan and I have already started planning next year.  Robert you are a little shit for keeping such a great secret and surprise.  Love you for it bro!

No comments:

Post a Comment