Counter

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Background

Saturday, December 18, 2010

20 Weeks..... Good BYE flat belly for now

So here we are at 20 weeks.  Actually today is 20 weeks and 4 days.  I can't believe we are officially half way there.  Time has flown and hopefully the next 20 weeks go as fast as the first.
Last week I had the appt with the perinatologist for a follow up on a "shadow" that was seen on the babies heart on the last ultrasound.  I had yet another ultrasound that lasted an hour and a half (he would not hold still and kept moving non-stop).  Ryan was in Yuma for work so I basically laid there antsy as hell the whole time.  Afterwards, the doctor came in and confirmed that everything looked good.  The reason they were concerned about the shadow that showed up on the heart is because it is one of the minor precursers for Down's Syndrome.  He said that there were two major signs and 4 minor signs.  Out of everything measured and checked out we just had that one minor sign and he said it wasn't reason for concern.  *SIGH* Much relief was lifted.  We did get some more pictures which I posted below.
The doctor confirmed once again that there was a little boy inside of me.  He actually told me "Mam, your son actually has an erection" ..... Oh great is all I could think.  I guess around 19-20 weeks is when the hormones are being produced and it isn't uncommon for this to happen.  Just isn't as common to catch it on camera.  Wow, there is a moment to take note of for the baby book I guess!

This picture I just love.  For those of you that can't see it, the baby is laying on his back with his legs and feet in the air.  The feet are HUGE!!! I finally understand why I have been feeling so much action lately!!!

So here we are at 20 weeks and the half way point.  People from home keep asking and bugging for pictures so here you go.  Just this past week I have to say that my stomach is more noticable.  The flat stomach is definately gone and hopefully will return in about 21 weeks (ha ha ha)! I have noticed that I am bigger, or he sticks out more, later in the day. 


OK, now everyone can quit bugging me about the damn belly pictures!!!
My Christmas shopping is done and wrapping is finished as well.  After today I have one more day of work here at Care Flight and then I go home on Thurs through Sun.  While it will be nice to go home and see Mom, Dad, Robert and the rest of the family I will miss Ry!  His parents fly in on Tuesday so I'm at least not leaving him all alone! Plus I will be back home on the 26th so I'm not gone that long. 
I will try to do one more post before I leave to go home for Christmas.  If I don't get to it I hope that everyone has a safe and Merry Christmas!!!!
All my Love!
Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment