Counter

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Background

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Peanut is a BOY!!!!

Well, as Ryan and I have notified our families, and our facebook friends have been updated, it is now time to announce to all my blog followers! (Thanks Cheryl for the early e-mail.  I didn't forget you just went to bed at 7:30pm last night after a long day!)  Peanut is officially a BOY!!!  We saw penis! Actually penis was seen 6 weeks ago but they would neither confirm, nor deny it, so it was nice to get a 100% yesterday.  Oh and to my sister Debbie, please do not sleep on the tutu the night prior to Alli's ultrasound as it did NOT work with me. 
    -For those of you that do not know my eldest (she is gonna kill me for saying that) sister Debbie will be a Grandma (she is still trying to figure out a more trendy, up to date, "young" way of saying Grandma) about 6-7 weeks after my due date.  Alli and Brandon Rummel are having a little one as well!  I am very excited for the both of them and hopefully Alli's nausea FULLY passes soon!

OK, so back to little dude peanut- He is measuring right on date right now.  Ultrasound went good and here are a few pictures......
Right foot- look at the size of that foot!! No wonder I have been feeling a lot of kicking.

Left Foot- And LONG toes!!


Penis- Yup, them are BOY parts right where the arrow is!

This is a picture looking straight at his face.  Still has the appearance of an alien but looking less like Ryan and more like me everyday:)

Dr. Guzman overall stated that everything is looking great!  Baby is approximately 9oz which is normal for 19 weeks.  His (wow, weird to say that) heartrate was 153 and strong.  I have gained a whooping 2lbs which he states he is satisfied with but ordered me to eat more protein. I have had no problems with eating but just have not had a taste for meat.  Veggies, fruit, and dairy have been my entree of choice so far.  So after the appointment yesterday Ryan took me out for a fat juicy burger! Oh Yumm!  I am also being referred back to the perinatologist for further studies focusing on the peanuts heart.  They saw what they called an ecogenic focus, in dumb people terms it is basically a small shadow on one of the chambers of the heart.  While he wasn't overly concerned he also just wanted to rule out anything abnormal.  I have an appointment tomorrow at 1:15pm and will do a small post afterwards from my phone with an update.  Until then, say an extra prayer.  I told Mom last night, I'm not going to worry about something that is a possibility.  That's one thing she always taught me to do is think positive but don't rule out the possibility. I'll say my prayers and Ryan and I of course will deal with whatever hand is dealt to us at that time. 
Hope everyone has a good day!! I have sewing and X-mas wrapping to do so until tomorrow..... Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment