Counter

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Background

Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Few of my Favorite Things........

I've received some baby items over the past few months and would like to share my MOST favorite things............

Robert bought us this super cool  stroller AND car seat with two bases.  Ryan and I agreed that we wanted a 3- wheeled one and we found this one that came with the car seat.  The stroller even has speakers so I can plug in my I-pod, jam away and walk this baby fat off after having Michael! The first picture is Ryan putting it together. (Really it was already put together, he just had to add the wheels and handle).  I love it and can't wait to try it out.  Thanks Bro for such an awesome gift.  Michael will look like a pimp in his new stroller and car seat.

The next two things are from my Mom.  I got them for Christmas and mentioned them in earlier posts but here are a picture of them.  First is the recordable storybook.  She recorded her voice on it.  I absolutely love hearing it and it brings tears to my eyes every time I open it.  Next is the digital picture frame that she loaded 100+ pictures onto.  There are pictures of my childhood and almost everyone from both my Mom's and Dad's side of the family.  She did leave room for Ryan's family so I just have to load those pictures on there.  Thanks so much Ma! I couldn't have received a more perfect gift.  I absolutely love them both and can't wait for Michael to see them!

Monica (Ryan's little sister) and her boyfriend Kolter MADE us this super neat wagon for Christmas.  Again, I love the BIG wheels on it.  I had no idea that there were wagon kits sold.  They put it together and added the extra cool paint job (Spartan colors of course).  I think Ryan will be using the wagon and the car seat more than anything around the neighborhood.  Thanks guys, you did an awesome job putting it all together AND decorating it!

After a long time looking and narrowing down we FINALLY picked and ordered a crib thanks to my Dad!!!  We just picked it up yesterday and put it together.  I couldn't be happier with the one that we picked.  In the pictures it looks black but it is actually cherry.  It is one of the lifetime cribs that converts into a toddler bed and then into a full size bed.  For all of you that are wondering if I am leaving it half in front of the window, the answer is NO.  I want to clean around it and this is just where it ended up.  Thanks again "Popo" for the absolutely gorgeous crib!  Stay tuned for more pictures of the nursery as it progresses.

For Christmas Ryan got me a new I-Pod (since mine was stolen out of my car) and docking station.  I wanted one more now than ever so I could use it in the nursery.  He bought me the 6th generation I-Pod nano (In pink of course:).  It is perfect size for me to take anywhere.  So far I have been using it a ton at the hospital and also when I fly.  It will be great to plug it into the stroller or use in the nursery.  I have already downloaded a ton of nature noises and lullaby's.  The docking station is really awesome too and can be used as a night light as well.  Thanks Ry, loved both gifts that I can use and also share with Michael..... MUAH!

Last, but not least, I need to thank EVERYONE (Melba, Jeanne, Monica, Nat, Tricia, Morg, Debbie, Melissa, and I know I am forgetting someone!) who has given us clothes for the little one.  Whether they were new, or hand-me-downs, Ryan and I are very appreciative of them.  We have been very fortunate to receive a lot of clothing and Michael will not have to wear the same outfit 2x before he is 6 months old!!!  As you can see we have gotten a head start on buying diapers! My goal is to not buy any once he is born until he is at least 9 months old.  Let's see if I can do it:) I have been stocking up every time I find a coupon for one.

Thanks again to EVERYONE for EVERYTHING! If I forgot someone or something i am really sorry.  I'd like to blame my forgetfullness on "preggo brain".  As the nursery comes together I will keep the pictures up to date.


1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you guys!!! It took Bill two hours to get Ry's stroller together but it came in a box not put together.

    Liam has taken over my IPOD and we downloaded baby einsteins from Itunes, we just have it on repeat throughout when he sleeps. I think it helps him fall back to sleep instead of waking up wanting us.
    I have a gift for you guys but I need your address. Its's more for you than Michael but you have it for him. Can't tell I want it to be a surprise.
    Can't wait to see what he looks like, I know you are going to be a great mama!!!

    ReplyDelete