We also got to hear the heartbeat today. The CNA had a tough time finding it which scared the hell out of me. Finally it was there, the faint but fast pitter-patter. CRAZY 170-173 beats per minute. (Normal is 140-160) Dr. Guzman said it was a little high but it could be because mine runs a little high anyways. He also said it could be because I was feeling a little out of it the past few days. I feel like I am fighting a sinus infection and have had a headache or two. Other than that, I have felt great. I still am spotting which Dr. Guzman isn't overly concerned about but he wanted us to follow up with another ultrasound in two weeks to check on that and also the cardiac activity of the baby.
Today I also got a note for work stating that I have no restrictions and can continue to fly. Since everyone keeps asking when I have to stop flying here is the answer: There is no reason that I cannot continue to fly throughout my entire pregnancy as long as my body and the baby are tolerating it. There is no harm in flying. So needless to say I will fly until I'm told otherwise:) I do however have to have a sign off for Care Flight every time I go to the doctor stating how far along I am and that there are no restrictions.
I can honestly say that today was a great day. I could not feel more comfortable in the hands of Dr. Guzman. Our next appointment and ultrasound is scheduled for Friday October 29th.....
Here is a picture of Dr. Guzman along with the link to his bio.... http://momdoc.com/Providers/Dr_Grayson_Guzman_MD.aspx


No comments:
Post a Comment