It had been planned for almost a year now that for my niece Jessica's 21st birthday and my niece Alli's 26th birthday (my sister Debbie's daughters) we would meet in Vegas and celebrate. Originally, I was going to go with some girl friends up there but then the car broke down and I got preggo so plans changed. I had told everyone that I was gonna drive up with that the trip was off and I wasn't going to go. Then while my parents were in town I got to thinking that I really hadn't see my nieces or sister for more than an hour in probably 5 years and I thought hey what the hell. I hadn't been feeling bad, in fact, I felt great. So, I called Debbie, broke the news to her that I was coming but I wouldn't be living up to the Rutter girls drinking! On Friday morning after work I took off to Vegas. It was about a 5 hour drive from Yuma to get there. Debbie, Jessica, Alli, and her friend Jill were staying at the Venetian in a suite so I was lucky enough to be able to crash on the couch with them!!!

(Debbie, me, Jess, Alli, and Jill)
(Me and my oldest niece Alli)
(Me and my SEESTER Deb)
I had such a great time and so glad I decided to go. I can't believe how much my nieces have grown up. It seems like just yesterday we had Sunday dinner at Mom and Dad's house and ate burgers and went fishing!! Thanks girls for including me on your birthday's even though I was a sober boring broad in Vegas!!!! Miss you all!!!!
Oh and Debbie- nice job leaving your finger on the bathroom counter..... I realize it is close to Halloween and all but not all of us are used to waking up to digits laying on the counter. Reason #511 never to be a Rutter!....... Lost digits!!! Right Dad???
No comments:
Post a Comment