Counter

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Background

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

First visit with Dr. Sudha

Today was Michaels first visit to his pediatrician, Dr. Sudha.  Ryan and I had heard nothing but good things from Morgan and Natalie who also take Hudson, Harper, and Gabe there but were a little apprehensive regarding Michaels vaccine schedule.  Due to the recent rise in males receiving vaccines and Autism we are a little hesitant at this point and a little clueless on when he should receive what.  Dr. Sudha is open to using an alternative schedule but did stress the importance of vaccinations.  We obviously want Michael to receive all of his vaccinations but just not so many at one visit.  Initially we denied the Hepatitis B vaccination in the hospital but just wanted to talk with a pediatrician first.  Today he received it and receives another one at one month old.  Today he weighed in at 7lb 3oz.  Just under his birth weight which is normal but above what he was when he left the hospital so this is good.  
Dr. Sudha is a huge advocate for breast feeding so she wanted to make sure that Michael was eating well and latching on as he should.  Though my milk still has not come in she reassured me  that it would and gave me some pointers on positioning and milk production.  She also did an exam on me and I soon found out that I was engorged.  LOVELY! So there I sat in the pediatricians office getting my breasts "roughly" massaged by my son's doctor.  WOW! This was definitely the most painful part of having a baby thus far.  My immediate response was to bite the lady's hand off but I contained myself, shed a few tears and got through it.  The last thing I wanted was Mastitis so I dealt with it.  She wanted me to schedule an appointment with the lactation nurse Paulie for later in the week so we will see how that goes. 
After the appointment Ryan and I headed up to Scottsdale to pick up something and then went out to lunch at Yard House.  I got a good beer, had some good food, and enjoyed my outing with my two favorite guys.  Michael is quite a trooper for running around.  He didn't seem bothered by anything.
Here are some pictures of the last two days.....
 Michaels first bath at home
 Sleeping with his hands up around his face like always
 Milk coma
 And hand up by his face again
 Dreaming and smiling
All wrapped up like a burrito

No comments:

Post a Comment