Counter

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Background

Saturday, May 28, 2011

One Month Old

People weren't kidding when they say time flies. To think that one month ago Ryan and I were checking into the hospital with so much anticipation on meeting Michael and here it is a whole month later.  It is crazy how much he has changed already.  Hair was brown when he was born and now is a strawberry blond color (sometimes even "red" in the sunlight).  His face is forming into his own person and he no longer looks like a newborn.  We are slowly finding likes and dislikes: latest being that he is now sleeping on his tummy, and loves it most of the time.  He was waking himself up when he was on his back so I thought I would try something new and it worked out well.  We are still trying to get his formula adjusted to his tummy and are currently on the third one.  Yesterday at the doctor after explaining that he gets terrible gas (much like his Daddy:) and will scream bloody murder she told me to try Gerber Good Start Gentle.  We have exhausted all other options of putting him on his tummy across my legs, bicycling his legs, and even tried the gas drops.  So we are on day 3 of the new formula and so far so good.  I am basically done with the breastfeeding.  After only pumping an ounce at a time, and Michael now taking 3-4oz at one sitting, I realized there was no point in trying to keep up.  I am still pumping 1-2 times per day just so I don't become engorged.  The amount is slowly tapering off and I am sure I will be all dried up by the end of the week.  I tried it, it didn't work, so we are onto something that hopefully does.  Michael weighted in at 9lb 13oz (50th percentile), 22 inches (55th percentile), and his head was 15 1/4 (60th percentile).  I think we have a big boy on our hands!  Happy 1 month Birthday to our little man!
 Look at those chunky cheeks!
 Napping in his crib
 Or a nap on the ottoman.... either way it's a nap!
 Mom- why do you do this to me?
 A stud like his Daddy already
A little snuggle bunny
I think he is already trying to flip the bird!

No comments:

Post a Comment