Counter

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Background

Friday, May 20, 2011

Popo and Grandma Peeker's visit

Well I'm sad to say that the visit is over.  My parents came last Saturday and just left today.  A whole week flew by.  I'm so glad that they came to visit for the week and got to see Michael.  It was really a moment I will never forget handing Michael over to my Mom for the first time.  Brought tears to all of our eyes.  Dad of course had to one up Ryan and bought Michael his first ND jersey/onesie.  A little big but he will fit into it in no time!  Our time was spent here at the house doing basically nothing which was awesome.  Dad cleaned up the yard and even found someone to deliver and spread 3 tons of rock for the backyard.  Leave it to him to do our much forgotten yard work.  Now we just have to keep up with it! Ha!  Mom and I did get out for a pedicure and all of us made it out to dinner two of the nights.  Mom came with me to my follow up appointment with Dr. Guzman.  She really liked him as I knew she would and I think she appreciated getting to meet who got Michael into this world safely.  Seeing them go is always a hard thing.  Goodbyes just suck and I always remember to say "see you later" or "see you in a few weeks".  I've always appreciated my parents but lately with one of my own it makes me appreciate every moment I have with them.  Being so far away is tough as hell but I'm so thankful for the relationship I have with them.  I talk to Mom daily and Dad every few days and now we Skype as often as we can.  I often wonder if I lived close to home if we would be as close as we are and if I would appreciate them as much.  Regardless, THANK YOU Mom and Dad for coming and for everything you did for us.  We ALL love and miss you and can't wait to see you in a few weeks!
 *Love*
 *Love Again*
 Awe....
 Playing with Popo
~3 Generations~
 Sleepy boy
 Onesie and blanket from Aunt Debbie

 Big dark blue eyes
 Melba and Morg with Vodka and Tonic, I mean Tom
 First REAL bath after his umbilical cord fell off

No comments:

Post a Comment