Counter

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Background

Monday, April 11, 2011

I think we are READY.....

AHHH~ I can't believe I just typed that title.  Every time I think that to myself I think of something else..... Like a flask for Dad, OK got it now.  Anyways, the visit with Dr. Guzman today was about the same as the past few weeks; no change, still breech, continue doing or not doing what you are.  FAN-FRICKIN-TASTIC!  Well actually it is, Ryan and I have decided that if I am going to go into labor on my own we would prefer after April 21st.  He has the last of OT scheduled and wants to finish it out.  I, on the other hand, am ready now.  This at home, boring, do nothing, watch soap operas, eat bon-bons crap is for the birds.  I have officially finished sewing everything that I "needed" to get done for awhile.  The nursery is finished and all I am left to do is blog..... Lucky you guys!

So, a little more detail of the appointment this morning is as follows: Michael's heart rate was right around 135 beats a minute.  I continue to be dilated 2-3cm and 80% effaced.  Guz continues to say that he is so surprised I am still walking around with a swollen uterus.... NICE!  At this rate I'm glad that a C-section as been scheduled.  My luck he would never want to come out and I'd be walking around at 42 weeks pregnant even more miserable.  Gained 1lb and up to 134lb.  My contractions continue anywhere from 0-7 an hour.  Apparently, they aren't worth a crap or I would have gone into 'real' labor by now and Dr. Guzman is not worried because there is no change.  I picked his brain regarding recovery time, length of hospital stay and so on with the C-section.  Frankly, I am not one bit scared.  He said I would stay in the hospital until Saturday evening or Sunday morning.  The C-section is scheduled for Thursday, April 28th at 5pm.  So basically, if everything goes as planned, I will be there about 48 hours.  He said that it will be slightly more painful than my gall bladder removal.  <-------- I was back to work in 6 days on light duty.  I realize that there are risks and complications but I am looking at the positive and praying for the best.  I will "cross those bridges" if and when we come to it, as my Mother always says.  He said that the faster I am up and ambulating the better I will be.  The more I sit and mope around and baby myself, the longer the recovery time.  I will be restricted from driving for about a week and have to take it easy on the stairs.  Other than that, I should be fine.
~36 Weeks 5 Days~

On a last note, Guz mentioned that some of the nurses from the hospital when we were there a month ago have been asking about us.  My first thought was, "holy shit", I know how medical people are as patients and I was hoping I didn't open my big, fat, know-it-all mouth too much.  Then he said that they were all truly concerned.  This made me smile.  I am so very thankful for ALL of the nice staff that we encountered at Banner Gateway Labor and Delivery.  Unfortunately, I don't think we even will get the chance to see them again because we go straight from triage, to pre-op, to post-op, to postpartum.  Though, I am going to make it a point to stop by and say hi to them.  We were so fortunate for the kind and compassion we received!  I asked Guz if the nurses in Postpartum were just as nice, hoping we have just as good of luck.  He reassured me that they are just as great as the ones I had before.  Worries are settled and I think I can finally say....... I'm ready!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you guys!!! I can't wait to meet and hold him! You can bet I will be driving up once you are settled to see him. Pictures won't just cut it! Love and hugs to you guys!!!
    P.S. Baby Michael, this is Auntie Jamie, could you just come out on Wednesday(00:00-02:00) or Saturday morning!!! Thanks buddy, hugs!

    ReplyDelete