Wow is all I can say, many emotions have flown though today and I am so happy to say that our new little family IS HOME!!! Today is a day I will never forget. I got up showered and did my hair without any problems. I am moving a little slower than yesterday but from what I was told that the Duo-Morph is wearing off. I'm a little stiff but otherwise feeling great! I guess I could say I am on cloud 9. After my shower we got ready to head home. The pediatrician came in and told us that after Michael is circumcised we have to wait about an hour and we are free to go. Dr. Guzman did my work up for discharge yesterday and said I was free to leave today anytime if all was well. Ryan and I were both asked if we wanted to go with to watch the circumcision and we both decided against it. Michael was numbed up with Lidocaine before the procedure and we thought it would be harder on us than him. He was taken to the nursery where it was done and returned about 45 minutes later. Of course Mommy had to pick him up and hold him as soon as he returned. He looked fine and like nothing went wrong. About 45 minutes later we noticed that every time he moved his little legs he would let out this heart breaking scream. Of course I then cried but this too soon passed. After the directions on how to care for the wound and Ryan and I stealing all of the diapers and supplies we were soon on our way home.
This is Michael in Uncle Roberts outfit that he wore home from the hospital 27 years ago.
Thanks Mom for sending the outfit! It made the day that much better with none of my family out here:)
Once home everything went very smoothly. Michael is eating about every 3 hours and is taking more than Mommy can supply. We are supplementing with the formula as needed in hopes that the dairy production kicks in soon.




No comments:
Post a Comment