Morgan made one of the diaper cakes for part of the decor and also hung a clothes line outside with little boys clothes hanging from it. They were both adorable. She also had some cute signs out by the road and hanging on the door. There was confetti and all. I don't think she missed anything!!!
There were a few games, but not the cheesy ones, so I was all good with it. Morgan also supplied onsies for people to decorate for Michael. I think Sarah and Jamie's girls enjoyed this more than the adults. Either way thanks guys!
Presents- holy presents!!! I took pictures of EVERYTHING I got from everyone so all could see that couldn't make it and live so far away. First off, thanks Morg for not only the awesome shower and everything that goes along with it but for the personalized Michael onsie, blanket, and the gifts for Ryan. He hasn't been home to open them yet but I know he is gonna LOVE it!!!
One of my co-workers from the hospital came and brought this beautiful diaper cake that she made. My gosh there was so much stuff on it. I didn't realize every detail until after the party when I was taking everything apart. I don't think she left anything out on there. The best part was all of the diapers that I got out of Morgan and Brooklyn's home made cakes. As Morgan said, "your diaper cake kicked my diaper cakes ass". Nice job Brooklyn, now you can start selling them because Morg was right- IT DID KICK ASS!!!
My sister Debbie sent her gift in the mail and I opened it as well. As you have read before, Deb is going to be a grandma "goddess" about one month after me so she has been going CRAZY, literally, buying baby items. Everything is perfect Deb from the giraffe the the clothes, and even the awesome bibs!!! It really sucked not having you and my nieces here but we will see you in June:)
Wendi, another coworker from the hospital, brought me ANOTHER gift. She had already gotten me something and came to visit while I was in the hospital and yet comes again with a shower gift. Thanks Wendi! I love all of the books and toys!
One of my girlfriends Ashley who I got to know really well when I did travel nursing here in Phoenix came with here little one, Addison Ruth (Addy Ru). I haven't seen here in forever and was so excited that she was coming. It is funny how both of our lives have evolved into motherhood, so different from when we first met at the bar (Rosie McCaffrey's) years ago. Addy is an adorable little one and is babbling away. I'm sad to hear that they are moving to Texas so soon but will definitely be keeping in touch with them!!! Thanks Ash for the awesome basket of goodies. You didn't miss anything and I'm so appreciative of all of the goodies in there..... Oh and for the coupons too:)
Ryan's Grandma Riegel, who lives in Michigan, sent Michael this adorable handmade bear and a check in his name. Thank you very much for both. A savings account has already been opened in his name and his college fund has been started!!!
Jamie Stewart, who I met through Morgan and lives here in Maricopa, came and brought me diaper and bath items. I miss hanging out with all the girls and having wine on the patio at Teakwoods. Soon enough my time will come:) Thanks so much for coming and catching up and for all the goodies!!
Jenn Horvath, who is also one of my girlfriends from Maricopa, also made it. It was good to catch up with her as well. I swear it feels like I haven't seen anyone lately! Thanks so much Jenn for everything and especially coming. It was so good to see you.
Sara 'Topolski' Grise, who is from Elkhart and I went to grade school with, came. Sara is currently 17 weeks along with twin BOYS!!! I couldn't be happier for her and Josh. She is due in late August and it is going to be fun getting together for future play dates for the boys. It was so good to see her, I think it has been about 7 years since I've seen her last. The last time was probably at Harry's Chocolate Shop at Purdue- Oh good times! Sara also said that as long as her pregnancy is still going good when Michael is born, she will be doing his newborn pictures. Can't wait! Thanks again for coming Sara and for the gifts as well. I promise it will all be put to good use, as you know!
Jamie, who I used to work with at Yuma Regional, and her daughter, Rylie, made the LONG trip from Yuma to here for the party. I was so happy to see the both of them. Jamie started out as a tech about 5 years ago there and is now a nurse, wife, and mother of two. Wow, again, how we all grow up! Thanks so much to the both of them for my baby book, calendar, and little sleep buddy for Michael. Oh and the diapers too!! I love the baby book and can't wait to start it!
Brooke, also from the hospital, came and brought me these cute items. MORE clothes and onsies, and I love the "Rookie" shirt and golf style shorts, along with the hand print plaque and Burt's Bee's items. Thanks Brooke-a-licious! I'll be waiting in the hospital for that beer after Michael is born:)
Jenn 'Megan' Moon, who is also from Elkhart and I had met while taking classes at IUSB (in which she copied me... LOL), brought me these great things. It is hard to get together with her more often since she is so far north, and I am so far south, but I'm so grateful that she came. Thanks Jenn for all the fun toys for Michael and also the velour washcloths. I'm looking up prices for fabric and will call you soon for lunch!!
Jeanne, Ryan's Mom, was also back in Michigan for the shower. She sent Michael this hand knitted sweater and hat that are just too cute. He will look just adorable in it (next winter of course). Thanks so much for the sweater and everything else you have given us!!
Ryan's sisters, Monica and Natalie, were able to make it (along with little Gabe). Since Natalie just had Gabe they know how much a case of diapers and wipes mean. Thanks girls so much, you know you made your brother and I happy with those. They will definitely get used!!!!
Along with my sister Deb, my sister Chrissy, was also unable to make it from Indiana. I got a specially wrapped gift (by my nieces and nephew) who decorated the outside. Thanks guys for all of the items for Michael. It wasn't the same without you guys here but we will see you soon:)
Another former coworker from the hospital, Sarah, came with her two daughters Grace and Izzy. Sarah just got married and had a beautiful wedding back in February that I attended. She is now working at the children's hospital in the ER. So much respect for you Sarah, I couldn't do it!! Thanks so much for the bottles, swaddler, spoon, baskets and crib mattress pad:) Come back soon with the girls so we can have another day by the pool.
Thank you to Ryan's Aunt Betty Anne for the gowns, sleepers and booties. She is back in Michigan also. I took a picture of gift but for some reason can't find it anywhere....
To my Mom, Aunt Minnie, and two Great Aunts Patty and Ruth: thank you guys so so so much for the gift certificate. It was perfect for us to use towards diapers and the rest of the things that were on our registry that we wanted. Ryan and I are both very grateful.
And lastly, to Bess Sheibley: Thank you so much for the savings bond. It is such a wonderful gift and one that you know will be put to good use. I know how much you love showers and parties and hopefully Mom can take her computer up so you can see all of the pictures. We will definitely be out to see you when we come home in June.
Thanks to all who attended or helped make my day! It was so nice seeing everyone! Again Ryan and I are both so appreciative and grateful for everything we got!!!..... And thanks again Morgan for making the day possible!
XoXo


What a great shower! I am so happy I was able to make it! You look great and I can't wait to meet Michael! Here is the link for the washclothes...be sure to pass on to Morgan as well! http://hyenacart.com/QuiltersNappies/ I bought the flannel/velour ones...we love love love them!
ReplyDeleteI passed it onto Morg... Thanks again. I did some research and found velour for $5.50 a yard. The ones she has for sale are super cheap!!!! It obviously would be cheaper to make your own but dang for $1.35 each it is almost easier just to buy:) Hopefully we can get together soon!!
ReplyDelete