Counter

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Background

Monday, March 28, 2011

House arrest may be coming to an end.....

Today was a very productive day for me.  I slept good last night after being completely exhausted after the baby shower yesterday.  Went to bed at 10:00 and was up at 6:30.  I think that is the most sleep I have had in months.  This morning I had an early appointment with Dr. Guzman and it went well.  Basically, he said, that there is no change.  I continue doing, or not doing, what I have been for the next week.  Next Monday I have an ultrasound scheduled to check on a few things: 1.) Michael's presentation.  Is he head up or head down.  If he continues to be breech he said we schedule a C-Section for 39 weeks which would be towards the last week of April. 2.) To check on Michael's growth.  I haven't gained any weight in the past 3 weeks.  Holding out right at 132lbs.  While it is normal for weight gain to taper off he just wants to make sure he is growing as he should.  Dr. Guzman said he wasn't concerned since it is obvious that my belly is getting larger but just wants to make sure.  Michael's heart rate was 150 today, which is normal.  3.) He just wants to make sure that my cervix isn't open even more on the ultrasound.  Dr. Guzman has promised me that if there is no change and everything is A-OK on the ultrasound he is going to let me go back to the hospital to work on light duty.  WOO-HOO! No more bed rest!  He already put a big HELL NO on flying or working out of the city (I knew better than to ask).  I'm just ecstatic that there may be an end drawing near to the bed rest/house arrest.  I'll be excited to take off this ankle bracelet:)


Michael continues to move like CRAZY.  Even more so in the evening hours.  It is weird watching my stomach move in different directions.  Ryan laughs because Michael spends most of his time on the right side of my stomach, never moving to the left.  At times my stomach looks like the Leaning Tower of Pisa (at least from my view anyways).  It's actually funny, I've noticed that anything that rubs up against or leans against my stomach (seat belt, laptop, or even my arm) he gets pissed and punches or kicks back.  At times I get super uncomfortable because he positions himself straight up and down and his head leans right on my diaphragm.  Other than those times I feel pretty good (much better than two weeks ago, that's for damn sure).
The rest of the day was spent organizing and cleaning up all of my gifts from yesterday.  I also finished all of my thank you cards and got them in the mail.  Can't stand having that hang over my head.  Things are coming together around here.  I just text Ryan a few minutes ago and actually admitted to "having almost everything complete".  Just as I say that, I'm sure I'll find something that I HAVE to do before he comes.  The only thing left to do is tidy up the nursery a little.  Have a few things to do and a few things to get still.  The way I look at it is that if it doesn't get done, O'well.  <--------- Write that down, I said it...... and I may never say it again.  I guess over the past two weeks I've gained a little patience and learned to give up a little control.  


I will post a new picture and a brief note on Wednesday when we have made it to 35 weeks.... Peace out beansprout!

No comments:

Post a Comment