8:30a.m. Dr. Shaw came in.... She is young and seems to have her shit together. I like it! She basically said we are stopping the Magnesium. If contractions come back we are going to the OR for a c-section. If they don't, she wants to send me home. I, again, have expressed my concerns regarding it and I guess you could say that she talked to me about the risks and how unlikely that delivery would be that imminent at that moment if it did occur. I still am uneasy about being alone and 45 minutes away but at this rate I guess I might as well be home doing nothing. So it is another waiting game.
9:30am Social Services came in to talk to me and basically laid it out..... I have two options: 1. Renting a hotel in the area so I am close to here in case the absolute worst happens. 2. I go home, wait it out and see. The worst case in scenario is that I have to use 911 services and they do not bring me back to Gateway to deliver. Regardless their job is to get me to the closest EMERGENCY area FASTEST. After doing much talking and discussing if she does discharge me I am going home, to MY HOME. I don't want to be anywhere else. Dr. Shaw made a good point that by stressing myself out in strange places could put me into labor as well. So I think I will be much more relaxed and used to my surroundings where I know it.
11:30a.m. Dr. Shaw just came back in, rechecked me, and after no change I am free. I am going home on "modified bed rest". She said it is fine for me to drive to and from appointments, be up, and occasionally walking around, living a some what normal life. I am to take it easy with the steps and minimize how much I go up and down them. I have been told no cleaning or nesting and have promised Ryan to stick by it. I have called Ryan and told him to come and get me the hell out of here.
8:30p.m. Well, I have made it home and rested throughout the day. Overall, I feel so much better being home. I do want to do a lot of things around the house here but have resisted all temptations and am finally letting Ryan do it for me. It is hard for me to give up control and let someone else do it but I do know it is for a good reason. I guess if this is going to teach me anything it will be patience........... Maybe! I am off to bed for the night and hopefully get a good nights sleep. Thanks again to everyone for their thoughts, concerns, prayers, texts and visits over the last few days. It has definitely made a stressful event a little bit easier! Oh and good news, baby Gabriel made it back home today. After 12 or so hours under the "tanning bed" lights his bilirubin is down and was able to be discharged. Good news is starting to flow.......
11:30a.m. Dr. Shaw just came back in, rechecked me, and after no change I am free. I am going home on "modified bed rest". She said it is fine for me to drive to and from appointments, be up, and occasionally walking around, living a some what normal life. I am to take it easy with the steps and minimize how much I go up and down them. I have been told no cleaning or nesting and have promised Ryan to stick by it. I have called Ryan and told him to come and get me the hell out of here.
8:30p.m. Well, I have made it home and rested throughout the day. Overall, I feel so much better being home. I do want to do a lot of things around the house here but have resisted all temptations and am finally letting Ryan do it for me. It is hard for me to give up control and let someone else do it but I do know it is for a good reason. I guess if this is going to teach me anything it will be patience........... Maybe! I am off to bed for the night and hopefully get a good nights sleep. Thanks again to everyone for their thoughts, concerns, prayers, texts and visits over the last few days. It has definitely made a stressful event a little bit easier! Oh and good news, baby Gabriel made it back home today. After 12 or so hours under the "tanning bed" lights his bilirubin is down and was able to be discharged. Good news is starting to flow.......

I'm glad to hear you are home. Bed rest is hard, but is all for the best. Hang in there. When you go back to Gateway let me know. I live about one mile down the road. I will come down to see you. ~Sara Grise
ReplyDelete