Today was pretty uneventful, which was a good thing. No progression in dilating, contractions have calmed down, and basically I just laid around and tried to sleep as much as I can. I remained on the Magnesium and have learned that I absolutely hate the way this drug makes me feel. I realize that it is all for a good cause but it is also very concerning. I am used to feeling Michael move non-stop. I am not exaggerating when I say he would normally move or kick every 15 minutes or so. Since being on the medication I barely feel him move at all. My only comfort is the monitors which show his heart rate. Magnesium is a smooth muscle relaxer and is doing what it is suppose to. Anything that I feel, side effect wise, he is feeling also. Even though it all makes sense it is still concerning. The nurses continue to reassure me that he is looking awesome and once the Magnesium gets weaned down and turned off we will both perk right up. Speaking of weaning the Magnesium they are trying to get me down to a therapeutic level. Magnesium can be very toxic above certain levels so they are drawing my blood every 6-12 hours to make sure I am not getting to that point.
Ryan Spilsbury, a good friend from Yuma, was in to visit today around noon. I know I was not very sociable and I apologize buddy! Thanks for coming in and keeping Ryan company for awhile though. I also kicked them out and sent them on their way for lunch and a beer. I figured if I can't have one, someone should be having one for me. While they were gone I took a nap.
The day was filled with lots of TV and mini-naps. I'm glad that today is here and Michael is still inside of me..... even if it was a false alarm for Ryan!!! He needs more time to bake! More updates to come as I get them......
“Redefining consumption”
-
Let me fill you in on a little secret: Kids grow. Fast. I’m just coming
around to understand that my weight may have fluctuated and changed here
and there ...
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment