Last night I did take a sleeping pill and got about 4 good hours of sleep before awaking at 3am to Ryan watching TV. We chatted for a while senselessly over stupid stuff, cause we are both so exhausted, and then crashed out again around 6a.m. or so. Ryan got up and showered and we waited for Dr. Allen to come in. Dr. Guzman got off this morning and I had already known that Dr. Allen would be returning.
She did finally come in around 11am or so. Basically, my contractions are doing good. I am having about 3-4 an hour while I remain on the Magnesium drip at 2.0 grams per hour. She has decided to try and wean me down on the drip. While I think that this is a fantastic idea since I hate all of the side effects from the drug I also have fears at the same time. So the drip goes down to 1.5 grams per hour and then tonight at 11pm they will move me down to 1.0 grams per hour. Once we hopefully wean me off of the drip I will be started on an oral medication and their hopes is that I can go home. As I already stated I discussed in length, over tears, last night to Dr. Guzman about my greatest fear of going home, one hour away, and something happening. I expressed my concerns, and tears, once again today to Dr. Allen and she said that they were going to contact social services and see where we go from there. That did settle my nerves a little. She also did check me again and I remained the same which was a good thing. I remain dilated at 3cm, 80% effaced, and they say my cervix remains soft. Bag still remains bulging but "not hard" so they say........ Whatever!!!!!
After Dr. Allen left I sent Ryan on his way. He has spent 2 nights here with me, without any sleep and is exhausted to the max. I didn't want to see him go but there is nothing that he is doing here but keeping me company and he knew he could go home and do my "to do" list instead:) I have to tell everyone how unbelievably lucky I am. Ryan has been more cool, calm, and collected than me. There have been a few times that the tears just started rolling for obvious reasons and I couldn't have asked for a better support system. As I tell him all the time, if he keeps it up he is going to be one hell of a Daddy. Thanks Ry for hanging in there with me and ALWAYS being there!!!
Ry left closely after noon and I ate lunch, napped, and watched some March Madness. I think that this is the only thing that is saving my sanity this week is that there is something good on TV during the day besides soap operas!! A bunch of close games too which also makes it interesting. I'm bummed that I didn't get to fill out any brackets but from what Ryan told me he apparently filled one out for me:) Thanks babe!
The rest of today has gone uneventful. I have kept the contractions down to around 3-4 per hour, which is good. Dr. Allen stopped back in and said everything is basically at a standstill. Social services did not come to visit but I am kind of wondering if they are purposefully dragging their feet to be on my side for this whole situation. I'm thinking the longer they drag this out, especially with the weekend coming up, they will keep me over the weekend until at least the first of the week when Ryan will be able to at least be back in town. Who knows, I could be wrong.
My girl friend Wendi, from Good Sam ER, and her son Lucas came to visit me. They brought us a cute little outfit, book, booties, a necklace and some chocolate. I love that I work with such awesome people. Thanks Wendi and Lucas for your visit. It was nice to blabb for awhile. I have to also thank everyone for all of their calls, prayers, thoughts, texts or whatevers!!! Ryan and I have both been so blessed to know that everyone is there for us. We are truly grateful. I am finishing up here to hopefully get a good nights rest. I will post tomorrow as the news rolls in........
I also just got word from Ryan that baby Gabriel (Dave and Nat's 3 day old) is back in the hospital for his bilirubin being elevated and jaundice. Please keep them in your prayers as well. I guess when it rains it pours around here!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment